Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Spruce Falls 2



After much thinking on this one, I decided that the pool didn't read completely like a pool so decided that since I had lifted too much from the reflections that I should add more dark streaks to the pool area to differentiate it from the falls and rocks. So, I did that and think it reads better now. I am not sure if what I did is correct, but I do like it better this way. At least it appears to be more level now, as water should be!

I am going to go back to working on two different paintings at once so I will quit pondering one painting so much, I think I over-thought this one just about to death. It helps, when I get too involved with one painting, to have another to switch to for awhile. I have another waterfall painting and a still life drawn on watercolor paper so will start those. I can still make changes to this one, however, if anyone has any good suggestions for me. Thanks to Rhonda for her thoughtful critique yesterday, what do you think now, Rhonda? I am hoping it also reads more like a pool to you now.

4 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Yes! Now it looks like a pool the waterfall is falling into :) Great save, Susan!

Sandy Maudlin said...

Your changes also helped integrate the rocks to the painting. I think the colors meld together really well.

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Thanks Rhonda and Sandy! I want to get this matted and framed, that will stop my fiddling with it! I appreciate your eyes to help with this one.

Nick said...

wow quite a painting Susan!!!