Friday, June 15, 2007

Yupo Workshop - Day Two


This is the only painting I completed today in the Yupo workshop. I have two more uncompleted ones that I will work on as we travel onward. Tomorrow is the big trade show, which I will attend, and then on Sunday will continue on toward the East coast, touring Savannah, Charleston, etc. and then up the coast highway and possibly on to Virginia, and a few more historic site there.We will aim for being home before the middle of July, but will hit all we can before then.

The workshops with Taylor Ikin were invaluable to me as an artist. They certainly gave some sort of validation of my artistic skills and increased my confidence a lot, which is a very valuable thing. She is a wonderful instructor and artist and an enjoyable person to learn from.

Onward and upward!

3 comments:

Christine, Pat and Aubrey said...

Nice painting! Looks good. Hope you're having fun. I'll keep checking in.

Michelle Himes said...

terrific yupo painting susan

michelle

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Thanks Michelle, it was great fun and these are the best two paintings I have done on Yupo...I guess her techniques worked!

Hope your shoulder improves rapidly.....Susan