Sunday, September 02, 2007

Fairmont, MN

We drove the farm roads to Frost, MN this morning so I could take photos of the old family farm there. Well, I am really bummed because it no longer exists! The barn and all the outbuildings are gone, the farm house has been replaced by a new beautiful home and only the trees remain as I remember them. So, there goes my painting of the old farm. I hope I can someday find a suitable photo to use as a reference. This was a real surprise to me.

We visited with an aunt of mine in Bricelyn, MN and then came home to get the motorhome ready for the trip westward toward the Black Hills of South Dakota tomorrow. I have added so many photos to my farm/barn collection. When I have the time I will add them to my Flickr site. Most of the farms in this area are so neat and clean, beautiful old barns, too.

No comments: