Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sydney - WIP One


I have begun Sydney's portrait this morning. This is just the first stage, mainly of the initial modeling shadows (or as Taylor Bush calls them, structure shadows). I will strengthen these next where needed and continue on to the subtle shadows. One must pay particular attention to the reference photo at this stage since likenesses are created with the structure shadows and if you don't get them right at this point it is doubtful that corrections later will create a likeness. So, I need to spend more time on these structure shadows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Susan, this is looking lovely already and I'll be checking in to see this one take shape over the next few days. The studio looks great (I'm drooling with envy over this space!) - and you chose one of my favorite Mohans to share :)