Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Morning Musings....

No photos to share this morning, just some thoughts on painting. Quite a few friends from my various online watercolor groups have been reporting feeling uncertain about what to paint, not being motivated, holidays blahs, etc. I am having a rebirth of energy regarding my painting and want to get at it. With holiday preparations over, and work to start again today on the studio build, I am chomping at the bit to get at it, with lots of ideas swirling around in my head. I have started another series of small paintings for the January 13th and 14th ArtChix sale and a self-portrait is sketched out (January project for the online Watercolor Workshop) on paper.

Artists are usually out there alone, thumping along as best they can and hoping to sell what they paint. I have found belonging to my online as well as local art groups to be an invaluable source of information, fellowship and inspiration and one feels a part of something larger than their little studio world. It has also served me well when small/large honors and recognition are given for something I painted. This happened to me last night when I opened up the homepage of the Watercolor Workshop ( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WatercolorWorkshop/ ) and found my Colorful Bouquet (posted here earlier last week) was selected, out of the many wonderful paintings submitted to the group last month, to be on the group's homepage. It was a nice surprise! It has become important for me to sell my artwork in order to pay for expenses that this endeavor entails, but I have to say how important the recognition factor becomes for me. It is the same when I am at my sales table at the ArtChix sales and there is an equal number of sales to just kudos without sales. The kudos for my work are very inspiring to do more and affirmation that I am on the right track, very sustaining.

Hopefully, today will bring the return of the studio building crews so we can get closer to the finish line of our project. If that be the case, photos to follow!

No comments: