Thursday, February 25, 2010

Paradise Found



When we added the studio on to the back of our house a few years ago, we had to have a large mesquite tree removed. We were at a local nursery to order a new one to replace that one (we got a Southern Live Oak) and I saw this lone Bird of Paradise blooming beautifully among the closed blooms. It happened to be backlit at the time and my trusty purse-size camera was quickly locked and loaded for this shot. I love having a small camera along for serendipitous moments such as this was, this camera has a higher megapixel rating than my big DSLR!

Anyway, my mentorees should be watching for this photo to appear in a painting near them!

1 comment:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I always carry my camera in my handbag for just such moments Susan. I love the plant - we do have it as a greenhouse plant here but it really needs a large conservatory to give it plenty of room.