Thursday, March 06, 2008

Out of Africa





We spent yesterday at Out of Africa, a wildlife park near Camp Verde, AZ. They have enclosures for most of the animals, and some roam freely in the center of the park, in a natural environment much like Africa. Those who roam freely come up to the open bus for photo ops. I took 500 photos yesterday, but some of that number was inflated by my use of the action shot feature that took multiple shots at once to catch the animals moving. My favorite photo is that of the male lion, it looks like he is very close, but I was on a viewing platform and used a telephoto lens. Many of my photos were shot through chain link fence so it was great to get a clear shot of this guy. My next favorite shot was of the white tiger female. She was just gleaming white in the sun. I was just about six feet away from her and she just considered I was there and watched me with little interest. We walked a lot again at the park so we are getting some exercise in on this trip. Still having fun! We will leave for home tomorrow.

3 comments:

Cepunkt said...

Nice pics!

RH Carpenter said...

Love the lion and that crazy giraffe! 500 pics! Whew! Lots of paintings to come...

Christine, Pat and Aubrey said...

Next trip out here, we're taking you to the Wild Animal Park. You'd love it.