Saturday, March 22, 2008

Lovebirds



This is my submission to the Watercolor Workshop project for the month of March where we all are to paint from the same photo, these fabulous birds. One of the artists in the group, Janet of Tenerife, Canary Islands, did hers in this lovely oval of foliage. I liked the composition so much I asked for, and received, her permisison to borrow her idea for my painting.

For those who were painting with me at the Art Club last Thursday who wanted me to make a shadowy left eye on the left bird's tipped head, it is there in the shadows. I did it, it just does not show up well in the photo. I try to please!

These birds show the affection that is Nature, huh?

1 comment:

sandy said...

I followed your link from Sandy Maudlin's blog and I LOVE these birds. So beautiful.

sandy