Thursday, October 28, 2010

Nuthatch SWAP Painting

It's swap time again, and I received this charming, cute, sweet, masterfully painted nuthatch from my partner this time, Lenora from West Virginia. Isn't this just great? With my limited knowledge of ornithology, I at first thought it was a bird standing on a log, but Lenora corrected me by saying it was a nuthatch, which run up and down the trees looking for bugs. So, I rotated it to show correctly. This made it even cuter!

My painting arrived to my partner and I received mine, life is good!

3 comments:

Gwendolyn said...

This is beautiful! Your painting partner captured the bird, a Red-Breasted Nuthatch, did a lovely job with the background, but OH, MY! the bark! I have been trying to do bark, and I just don't 'get' it. She did!

BTW in our area we get three of nuthatch-like family: White-breasted, Red-breasted, and the Brown Creeper. The brown creeper spirals UP trees, the white-breasted nuthatch goes down headfirst, and the red-breasted nuthatch does both!

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Gwendolyn, Thanks for stopping by! I don't think we have these cute birds here in the desert Southwest so I did not recognize them. I love everything about this painting and will hang it proudly in my SWAP Hall of Fame gallery!

cindyzlogic said...

Sweet Nuthatch painting!