Friday, October 29, 2010

Iris on Yupo - WIP 1

This is where I remembered to take a photo so I could share another WIP series. This is a painting that was requested to be "just like" one that had sold at our Oktoberfest sale recently. Well, I hope this person will settle for something "kinda like" since I don't think it is humanly possible to paint an absolute replica of any painting. Maybe I am not disciplined enough, or can't remember what I did to get an effect in a prior painting, but I just know this will have to be similar to the first one.

The second WIP photo I took will not be submitted here since I will wash off what I did in that step. I think I was just enjoying the fellowship so much of our large group of watercolorists yesterday that I let my hand do the painting instead of listening to my head. Since it is Yupo I should be able to correct what I did and do not like. You'll just have to stay tuned to see how that turns out. I'm still lovin' the Yupo.

4 comments:

Teresa Palomar Lois said...

I definitely agree that's not possible to make an exact replica, more even on yupo! Will surely stay yuned to see what'll happen around those white areas

Vicki Greene said...

Thanks for sharing your wip with us. It is neat how you can just wash off what you don't like. I might never finish a painting on yupo - lol.

Lisa Crone said...

Hello there! I have good news for you from A Bead A Day blog:)

Please email me at abeadaday@sbcglobal.net and I will send you a note back. Thanks so much! :)

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Thanks Ladies for commenting! I have not been able to work on this since I posted it so will see how the rest of the week goes and I'll post what I come up with.