Thursday, November 13, 2008

Glade Creek Grist Mill - WIP 3


I am still working on this, slowly but surely. It seems that in November my art world just explodes with activity, most of which takes me away from the creation of the art! So, this will probably be a work in progress for the foreseeable future. I do plan on taking it with me to this afternoon's watercolor group session and seeing what I can get done in three hours there. I love the fellowship of painting with like-minded (watercolorists!) artists and find it both relaxing and stimulating at the same time. The feedback and ideas exchanged are invaluable and I am always surprised that so many artists prefer painting in their own studios, on their own, like they find painting with others too distracting. While I enjoy my painting time in my studio, I always welcome painting in a group as well.


I was reading Rhonda Carpenter's excellent blog and she announced that she was celebrating her second "blogiversary", she has been posting to her art blog for two years now. This made me go back through the archives and realize that my blogiversary should have been celebrated on October 11, as I posted my first fledgling blogerisms on 10/11/06! Wow. A fellow Vanguard member introduced himself to me yesterday and told me how much he enjoyed reading my blog, "from start to finish"! So, even though I don't always have others commenting on my blog, I frequently hear from people about how often they check in with my blog to see what I have been getting up to. I love the journaling aspect of blogging in that it causes me to organize my thoughts a bit about what I am working on and thinking about in my so-called creative process.


Stay tuned for whatever today's efforts bring when I post WIP 4 of this painting tonight (hopefully!). Rhonda commented on the prior WIP of this painting that I should be careful to include more of that red color of the trees on the right in other parts of the painting. I did pay attention (thanks, Rhonda!) and punched up the red on the left, and that waterwheel is a warm red color but that will be done at the very last step for this painting. I was taking enough of a chance in adding the red of the trees since I haven't painted the rocks on the right rock face yet and I hate how any red will bleed badly if not careful. So, no splashing of paint in that area...just go slowly, Susan.

No comments: