Sunday, March 27, 2011

Dreadful Drake - WIP 2

I am renaming this painting, for the time being, to Dreadful Drake since I finally had to resort to using my telephoto lens to get a photo of him and his girlfriend. He remained ever-vigilant about me and made menacing steps toward me at every chance. At any rate, this is the second WIP  photo I have taken after the underpainting posted here earlier.

There is still much to do with this in glazing on deeper colors in the water as well as more detail work in the trees. I will wait until finished with the geese before worrying about the foreground grasses. I just wanted to lay in some color, especially around her feet so I can get those buried as they were in the photo.

I plan on working on this some more this afternoon and see how far I can get with it.

No comments: