Friday, July 02, 2010

Quick Note

Hi everyone...this is just a quick note to explain my absence from all Internet/Art related things for quite awhile. Twelve days ago my husband awoke me at an early morning hour having a seizure. While in the emergency room he was noted to be having some serious heart arrhythmia's which necessitated his being placed in the ICU, where he was told he needed a pacemaker. He was transferred to a hospital which performed those procedures and had that done. Complications followed, it was a rough course, but I finally brought him home Wednesday afternoon. This, after 10 days in the ICU.

All of my artwork has been placed on hold while I try to help him deal with all of this during his recuperation. We are handling things as they come and doing fairly well with the impatience of a slow recuperation. I promise to participate more fully ASAP.

4 comments:

Janet said...

Hi Susan,
I am so sad to hear your news, I do hope Tom is soon on the mend. I have been thinking for a few days now why we had not heard from you and just decided to check your blog to find this message. Don't forget to take care of yourself too. I will be willing him to get better soon on a selfish note as I am missing your paintings.
Love Janet

wendyytb said...

I always visit your blog, but do not leave comments as I should... Your work is wonderful. I really enjoy it, and have missed your posts. However...family first. I hope your husband is on the mend and soon feeling better.

CHummelKornell said...

Susan,

So sorry to hear about Tom, but this may be a blessing since the seizure allowed the doctors to identify the heart condition and treat it before an attack. God Bless you both and may his recovery be quick and complete.

Michelle Himes said...

Sorry to hear about your husband's health emergency. Hope he recovers well and completely. Hang in there Susan! And maybe make some time to get those brushes wet, even just to play around a little. :-)