Thursday, November 19, 2009

Another Thought


I had another thought and used an old 11x14 piece of matboard to try to crop out those bad bird legs and found this cropped composition. Do you think this helps?

Thanks to Gwendolyn, Rhonda and Ruth for their encouragement and suggestions, they are appreciated. Even if I do crop this, I could go in with the suggested changes to the foliage, tree trunk and geese to strengthen them. My choice would be to crop this, but I will wait until or if I hear something to the contrary before I actually cut this. Right now it is sitting on the art table, allowing me to ponder before cutting.

4 comments:

Gwendolyn said...

Cropping! What a great idea! Go for it! I love the other branch of the tree, too, but think you've picked the correct place to 'stop' the painting on the right!

The Weaver of Grass said...

I love both paintings - would not like to say which is better - wish I could do either.

RH Carpenter said...

I think now you've made the painting all about the geese :) Well done - although I did love all of that tree!

Ruth said...

I vote to keep the whole comp. I still think it can be "saved". With the things I talked about added, I think this scene is intriguing.
To me the cropping is too tight and confining. The geese need their open spaces.
My opinion only.
I think the legs are fine. If they continue to bother you, you could always add some higher grass so that they just "peek" thru it.