Saturday, February 21, 2009

Brown Pelican - WIP 5


As with the last stage, not much different is being done other than more definition of textures and I began the drybrushing for further detail on the wing.

This is where it was left, to be picked up soon, I hope. I will strengthen the color of his beak, model his legs/feet more realistically and texture the wooden post on which he is standing.

My next decision, after that, will be to decide just what to do about a background. In the photo, there is nothing but blue sky behind him; so I may do that, may leave it white, may do blue sky with some clouds, who knows? Decisions, decisions.....

1 comment:

RH Carpenter said...

I'm liking the looks of this guy, Susan. For some reason my blog roll listing wasn't catching your updates on this at all :( Hope it's fixed now.