Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Surprise Sunrise


This is a project painting for the watercolor Workshop online group. We were to paint skies of any kind, so I chose one of my sunrise photo jaunt photos for reference. This has a series of at least six glazes, done over a month's time. I kept putting it aside and not getting back to it, but since this week is my week to finish ALL of the paintings sitting in my studio I got this one finished this morning. I have finished three so far this week and that leaves two, but those two are the most complicated and involved ones to do. Then, I have two paintings that I really want to get started with, so I have to finish these first before I allow myself the pleasure of starting the newest ones. A little self-discipline is good for the soul?

No comments: