Monday, December 22, 2008

"Rock Talk and Autumn Framed"



These are the two paintings I finished last week, but due to spending so much time working on my new computer, transferring files, etc. I have not updated my blog to include them. The reference photos for both of these was provided by Roch, of New Mexico Jeep Tours. His photos just inspire me, plain and simply. He stops to take the photos I believe I would take if I were where he happens to be as he leads Jeep tours through the wonders of New Mexico. Thanks once again, Roch!

Now, I can maybe squeeze in some painting time to work on my Indian brave painting. I have the background in, so far, so good.

3 comments:

Vicki Greene said...

Both of these are just wonderful. I could look at the first on for hours and not tire of it. The colors are just delightful. I also love the textures in the tree and rocks on the second one and great colors there too. You finished up two winners.

Michelle Himes said...

I love both of these, Susan, especially "Autumn". I would love to take a trip to your part of the country some day. I love those rock formations! And you are getting SO good at painting them.

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,
Beautiful work! Good hearing from you.
Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
Lesta