Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sunrise 10/5/08

We did try to have our sunrise picnic this morning, but the anticipated red glow did not appear as it has in the three days prior. Must be a change in atmospheric conditions or, maybe, my karma because we waited and waited and it just didn't happen. That is not to say that it was a complete bust since we got some shots of great sunbeams such as these, so it was a good jaunt anyway.
When we came home, the sun was great for taking macro shots of my new hibiscus flowers. I just planted these yesterday so I needed to get some photos of them before the rabbits eat them, as could happen! This is called Cairo Rose and I also got a Cairo Red variety but the shadows weren't good on that bush this morning.


I love the angle of this one because of the shadow cast by the stamen. I used a macro lens and the macro mode setting on the camera for these.



1 comment:

RH Carpenter said...

Gorgeous sunrise and beams and flowers, too, Susan :) We artists do love our shadows!