Wednesday, March 21, 2007

More photos




Now that I can access the user portion of my blog I am going to try to catch up with some more photos.

The sand dunes photo is in Death Valley and was taken shortly after sunrise (yes, we got up REALLY early and were treated to wonderful colors as we traveled through the park to get to the sand dunes. I used my digital zoom and multiplier and was quite far away from the dunes, but with my braces and sore feet didn't want to traverse the dunes to get a good shot. The dunes photos with the multiplier lens makes it look like I had hiked out close to the dunes.

The pool with algae was at the Ash Meadows Wildlife Refuge. This is one of the few places on the planet where the Pupfish have endured, though they are on the protected, almost extinct list. They are only about 1-1 1/2 inches in length and an almost electric blue color, darting among the algae. The pools are spring fed and crystal clear. The reason the pool looks a bit murky in this photo is that my camera was focusing on the fish and blurred the background, plus it was a deep pool with clear water on top. Really was a surprise to see these pools amidst the desolate landscape surrounding Death Valley.

The third photo of the rock shows just a few of the contrasts in rock colors in DV. It was unbelievable how many colors there were at different times of the day. This really is a surprising place to visit.

Now, on to Zion!

1 comment:

RH Carpenter said...

Great photos, Susan! Enjoy your workshop...