Monday, February 26, 2007

Lace and flower prototype



This is an idea I have had fermenting in my mind for awhile to try someday. I found an inexpensive doily last week and decided to give it a try. I used the doily as a stencil, airbrushing watercolor over it, then painted the iris over the white left by the doily stencil. I have doilies for larger paintings, too, when I develop this further. In the future, I think I would tone the paper first, before airbrushing the stencil of the doily on. I also would pay more attention to the iris anatomy...I somehow added an additional petal in there. I think, also, that this begs for intense color on the flower, but I decided to quit on this one since it is just a sample to see if the idea works. I will try it again, using these thoughts above and see what I think. I am pleased with the concept so far and think it merits further work. I need to get busy with two commissions so will, reluctantly, put this aside for awhile. Kinda cool, huh?

No comments: