Sunday, December 12, 2010

La mesa de mi padre WIP 3


I decided to digitally crop this to see what I thought; not sure, still. That's the beauty of digital imaging, you can completely destroy the photo but not the painting before you act! I do like the tighter focus of this, though, so the final crop (with the scissors!) will be something similar, I am sure. I have added two more glazes to the stucco here, but didn't wait for the last glaze to dry before shooting the photo, hence the wrinkles in the wet paper. I will add at least one more glaze to the stucco and then start detailing the pots and table. At that point, most of those hard edges will be softened and it will start to come together better. That is my plan, anyway...we all need to have plans!

2 comments:

Vicki Greene said...

This is coming together well. I really like the texture that you have in the stucco.

Barb Sailor said...

I also like the texture in the stucco - and the colors are awesome.