Saturday, September 04, 2010

Cool Study



By the title of this post I mean cool temperature colors, not cool as in I think it is a cool painting! It is a quick study for the Watercolor Workshop project this month to paint with cool colors. I did it as a quick study while painting with the watercolor group at the art club this past Thursday. I chose clayboard for the ground and seemed to have forgotten that the colors have to be a bit creamier for this ground as it soaks up the pigment more than watercolor paper. All-in-all, not one of my best but it served my purpose well, I did something for the project this month as well as got to paint with my buddies.

I also started an Alaska painting and will keep working on that to see if I can remember how to paint again...it's been too long!

3 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Looks good to me, Susan :) I like the misty cool colors you've used.

Unknown said...

This certainly reminds me of the desert at dusk. Very Cool!

Vicki Greene said...

I really like the cool feel to the painting. You haven't lost anything you just have to unpack it. Looking forward to seeing your Alaska painting.