Friday, June 11, 2010

Back to the Desert

We had to return early from our time in Chama. Tom's dialysis fistula needed to have a procedure to open up the narrowing of the vessels so we made a fast two-day trip home and he will have the procedure this morning. I miss Chama already! It was so hot while unloading the motorhome yesterday, although it was warmer than usual in Chama when we left, 80-degree heat differs quite a bit from 110-degree heat!

We plan on returning later this summer, so please wait for the travelogue to continue.

2 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Oh, I hope this wasn't an emergency situation - you always sound so cool and calm, Susan, you must have nerves of steel and a great outlook on life. What a great trip to share, too...I'll be reading more as you and Tom continue your travels together :)

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Rhonda...if there is one thing we have learned, if we want to be independent with this dialysis stuff and not have Tom going to a dialysis clinic three times a week, we also have to accept that when we need help we have to accept it. So, I reach out to the support centers and they are always there to help me, that is where some of my calmness comes through. Otherwise, I am not so calm and cool!

We hope to travel back to Chama later in the summer, or...perhaps, in the Fall, when the colors are supposed to be glorious. Like I said, stay tuned!