Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Star in the Making


No paintings to post again today, so I thought I would share with you my next painting! I can't believe it is happening, it was just yesterday (I know it was!) that her parents sent a photo of her and a little friend at six months sitting together and wearing pink tutus... and now look at this! This is not right! Okay, it is not only right it is natural...where did the time go? I love the upswept hair in this and rejoice that she has more than when she was wearing the pink tutu at six months!

Tom had some dialysis-related health issues requiring outpatient angioplasty this week so we have decided neither of us has the energy to prepare for our Fall colors trip starting Sunday and have postponed that trip for another time. Maybe I can squeeze in some quiet time to work on painting this ballet ingenue or maybe my prior thought of a panorama painting. Changes in plans require pondering!

4 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Hi Susan. I have not visited your blog lately and what a lovely visit to see this charming little girl in such a sweet pose. Sorry about the health problems - do hope things improve. I know exactly how you fell about not wanting to go away. We have a saying here East West Home's Best and that really does apply when one's health is not up to scratch. Enjoy some quiet time.

RH Carpenter said...

Susan, sorry to hear about Tom's health issues and your trip being postponed. However, perhaps plan something with the snow begins to coat the land and you get great shots of frozen ponds or icicles or...
Love the photo of the little one in her blue tutu! Definitely a painting to be created soon. They grow up so fast!!!

Vicki Greene said...

Oh Susan, this is going to be a delightful painting. Hope you take WIP shots. My best to Tom. You guys take care.

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Thanks guys! I am still trying to compose my next painting, but I do know that having one going is the best therapy! So, whether it is... a panorama or Ms. Aubrey, I do hereby promise to include WIPs!