Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sneaky Post


I normally keep my SWAP paintings under wraps until they are received by my swap partners. But, I decided to be sneaky and show you what I painted for my partner this time, but not tell anyone who that partner is. I hope he/she will like it.

I love being a part of this international group of artists, who swap paintings on a Secret Santa sort of basis quarterly. You never know from whom your painting is coming and your partner does not know from whom theirs will be coming. It is like Christmas four times a year!

Today, I will be starting two paintings by getting them drawn onto w/c paper. I really feel the need to get back to painting regularly again. I have not painted with my art club watercolor group for over seven weeks and am starting to go through withdrawal! I could not decide whether to do the painting from one of the panorama photos I shot on our recent trip or the one of our Aubrey in her tutu. So, I will start both at once! As requested by Vicki, I will post WIPs as I progress through these.

9 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Now how could your SWAP partner not like this?? It's painted with love from your photos taken during your many rambles in the RV - plus it's a good painting. Now, I won't tell your partner to check it out (since I know who it is) but I wonder if he/she will stop by and check and think...could that be mine? :)

Vicki Greene said...

I for one would be thrilled if this showed up in my mailbox. Since I have already received my beautiful SWAP painting I know that another person is going to be very happy. Beautiful painting! I am looking forward to your new WIPs.

The Weaver of Grass said...

What an interesting idea, Susan, this swapping of paintings - that way you get to see someone else's technique and use of colour at close quarters. Makes me wish I could paint so that I could join in.

Barb Sailor said...

Wow - it would sure be great if I were to be the recipient of this beautiful painting. Whomever receives this will be very lucky.

Barb Sailor said...

Guess what, everyone? I WAS the lucky recipient of this beautiful painting...I received it this morning in the mail and was absolutely blown away with my good luck! Thank you, Susan, for the beautiful painting. It will be a wonderful addition to my SWAP wall.
Barb

Unknown said...

Oh Barb, You are the lucky one! Actually, I feel like the lucky one with the painting I received from Joy in Australia!

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Barb, so sorry for the sneaky Deception since I know you follow my blog, but, it was so FUN! HEH, HEH!

Barb Sailor said...

You are certainly the DEVIOUS one...not to mention a little ornery! Once again, THANKS!

RH Carpenter said...

LOL! It was fun to know you posted, Barb, without knowing it was coming your way :)