Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Second Place

Good news to announce! I took my rose painting (shown in the Gallery section to the right of this message) to the Arizona Artists Guild (AAG) meeting last night for their Artist of the Month competition. After viewing the other submitted paintings I felt a bit out of my league considering the quality of art brought. I spoke with one artist whose painting of an African child was just so magnificent that I had to speak to her about it. When the winners were announced, the African child's artist was chosen as Artist of the Month and my rose was chosen for Second Place! How cool is that? This is a great group of artists from throughout the state and I feel privileged to be a juried member of the AAG, so having one of my paintings be chosen for second place was gratifying for sure.

1 comment:

RH Carpenter said...

Congratulations, Susan! And you thought you didn't belong??