Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Magnolia Plantation on Yupo



I am saying this is the final version of this painting, but will await word from the WcW online critique group before spraying it with Krylon. I could not have gotten that bridge any more in the center of the painting if I had tried! There are lots of details to think of BEFORE committing pencil to paper for the drawing and I rarely think of EVERY one. I will just have to accept this broken composition "rule" once again and say I planned it to be in the center! Yeah, that's it.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Susan, I really like the way the red bridge ties the reds together on either side of the water. The bridge is subtle which I like.
Jane James

RH Carpenter said...

Yes, the bridge is subtle so no problem that it's in the center :) This is lovely! And everyone will say, "On yupo?? You're kidding?"

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Thanks Jane and Rhonda! I was toying with the idea of adding some highlights to that bridge, but decided it was better off blending in with the background so I have officially called it done. To make sure of that, I will next spray it with Krylon before I do something to wreck it!