Saturday, December 03, 2011

All is Well...

...although it was another blip on our family's medical radar. My mother, pictured below on Thanksgiving Day, fell and broke her hip Thursday afternoon. Late yesterday she had a total hip replacement, so we had a late night at the hospital. She is doing very well for a 91-year-old, as she says "I am a tough Norwegian"!

Thursday afternoon I started a full sheet painting of Canyon de Chelly. I covered the entire sheet with watercolor, but am considering what I have done so far as the underpainting as I am not so pleased with it. I am considering using either gouache or acrylic paint for the detailing and highlighting. Might be fun, anyway, to try something different along with the watercolor. As soon as I take a photo of what I have done so far, I will post it. But, it is to be considered a work in progress!

1 comment:

RH Carpenter said...

Sorry to hear about your mother's fall but it does sound like she'll be up and around soon - sounds like a strong lady who won't let a hit replacement stop her. Jerry's had both hips replaced and is usually up and around with a walker in a few days, then a cane and without anything in about a month to 6 weeks.