Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Pow-Wow Indian - Final (I hope)

Here is what I am hoping will be the final version of my Pow-Wow Indian. I have submitted it to the Watercolor Workshop and, barring major suggested changes, this will be it. While it took longer to do this one, I have grown somewhat attached to it. I do like it, even though I don't consider myself a portrait artist. I think his face painted itself because I loved his features when I first saw the reference photo. Again, thanks to Diana Webb for her excellent photo and especially her permission for me to paint from it.

2 comments:

Vicki Greene said...

Susan if you aren't just jumping up and down proud of yourself, you should be. This is an awesome painting. It is better than good.

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Thanks, Vicki! I am rather proud of this guy since it took such a long time to work on him. Maybe that is why I am proud of him, but it also required that I really think about my next steps(s). Can't hurt!