Wednesday, April 27, 2022


I will post this work in progress today to keep track of the changes since I am making this one up as I go. I have no particular end result in mind; rather this is an exercise to try out a lot of different techniques and force myself to resurrect any remaining painting skills I might still have.

This is watercolor on Yupo, which is, essentially, a sheet of plastic. So, I can, for the most part, wipe it off and restart any of the shapes here if the technique doesn't work. I'll continue to post the WIPs as I work through this one. That keeps me committed to continuing to work on it.

My goal now is to experiment with paintings that excite me and cause me to try new things and learn. I just started a watercolor on Yupo that is allowing me to do just that. I have rejoined my painting sessions with a group of crazy (crazy and crazy-good!) artists at the Art Club here in SCG and am again enjoying the fellowship of friends who paint. 

No comments: