Thursday, August 02, 2007

My latest SWAP painting



I belong to an online international group of artists who, every quarter, have a painting swap, sort of like a Secret Santa format where you don't know from whom you will be receiving a painting and they don't know who is sending them theirs. It has been a lot of fun, but no more enjoyable than today when I received this beautiful magnolia from Marilyn Fuerstenberg (Wisconsin). I have always loved her style of painting and especially appreciate the beauty of this. On our recent trip through the South I was introduced to the soft beauty of magnolias and can appreciate her rendering even more now. I am a lucky person today!

By the way, my swap partner this time was an artist in Tasmania! I sent him a petroglyph painted on Unryu paper and mounted to watercolor paper as he is a mineralogist and I thought he would appreciate something more organic and "earthy".

No comments: