Monday, January 15, 2007

Self Portrait - Step One



Our current project for the online Watercolor Workshop is to do a self-portrait. Since I just received my supplies to start the Taylor Bush method of portraiture, I decided to pick on myself first and try a self-portrait. I took a bravery pill this morning and started this. I took another pill before posting this photo of stage one. At least, if I mess it up from this point on, I have proof I indeed tried to do it. I am enjoying it for the most part so far, but I haven't gotten to the details (like wrinkles, crinkles, droops, sags, etc.) so the depressing part will come later, I suppose. I haven't found in Taylor's DVD's or written text what pigment should be used for hazel eyes, I am sure it is there, I am just not finding it. So, I took it upon myself to do a yellow underpainting and will see how to proceed from there. I may end up looking jaundiced, but we will see. I like having her pigment mixing guides handy for the different stages. Like I said, so far so good.

The painter is here today, painting the new room exterior and will plan on painting the French doors for the inside entry into the studio. Photos of this to follow tonight.

No comments: